7 Goals To Enjoy The Feast and Lose Weight

Mental challenges in the weight loss game can be so interesting. So peculiar to an individual. Here's one I will deal with tomorrow.

On a typical school day, I eat lunch around 11. It's a little early, but I don't get to make my own schedule. If I don't eat at 11, I'm waiting until 3 or later. 

But on Sunday, I usually eat lunch around 1, two hours later than a normal day for me! 

So I'm famished. 
Enjoy the Feast and Lose Weight

And there is something wonderful before me: a feast. A table laden with wonders. Each Sunday is a different theme. One Sunday it will be Mexican food, on another it will be Italian. You get the idea. 

And this is often the best food I've ever tasted. These ladies knock them selves out. I mean it is amazing. I want doubles of everything. 

So here comes famished Lieberman with a big old white plate that cries to be filled up. On one end of the table are the entrees, then the sides, and finally the salads, not to mention the dessert table.

The healthy stuff is always there. And it's really good. But guess what? I I'm usually so loaded up with the tasty entree stuff that I have little room for my salad or cooked veggies. 

My habits are working against my goal. I want to weigh 173 pounds. I'm tired of having a back and hips that hurt. I've already lost 40 pounds or so. I'm talking fifteen more. And the 40 didn't seem like a fight.

But lately I'm brawling to keep my weight DOWN to 188. I'm in the thick of a mental battle here.

One of the issues is how many calories I consume on Sunday. 

Because here's the deal, one can reverse a week's gain in one meal. You can go from logging 1800 calorie days to a one meal 4000 or 5000 gain. 

I can anyway. 

I'm ready to not do this to myself anymore. 

Here are my 7 goals for negotiating the wonderful Sunday feast:

  • Find the salads and load up.
  • Find the veggies and get some.
  • Sample the entree. 
  • Fruit or Pass on desert.
  • No repeat.
  • Drink a full glass of unsweetened tea or water before I eat.
  • Enjoy the fellowship with those around me.
So that's my plan. I'll get back to you Sunday night or Monday and tell you how it went. Do you deal with similar quandaries?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight

How I've Lost Weight During the Great Shut Down of 2020