How to Get Going When You're a Zombie



It's hard to get going. I mean, sometimes it's like opening an old rusty car door that's been sitting out in a field for 8 years. 

Right now, the pollen is hitting. And I'm not dripping or headachy or itchy. I'm just tired. It's wiping me out. 

I eat dinner. Very pleasant time with my family, wife and five boys. They get going to a karate class. And all I wanna do is sit. Take a nap really.

But I thought, I can get on that bouncer for a little while. 

I put on an oldish TV show, The Magnificent Seven. BTW, the show choice is important. Don't want something where I need to pay really close attention. It's The Magnificent Seven, I already know the plot. But it also keeps my attention enough that I notice my effort that much.


I start bouncing. Don't want to do it. But I get into the show. And in five or seven minutes, I'm warmed up. So I start doing intervals. Real hard for 10 to 20 seconds. Slow it down for 20 or 40 seconds. And I go back and forth like that for ten minutes or so. 

I bounce for 40 minutes. 

And I didn't feel like it.

That's a win.


How To Get Going When You Don't Feel Like It


  • Drink some water.
  • Put on the exercise clothes.
  • Set up the exercise equipment.
  • Find a show that works. 
  • Put the show on.
  • Start exercising real slow, like you don't even mean it.
  • Enjoy the show.
  • At the first commercial, check your progress.
  • See if you can go hard for 10 seconds.
  • If you can, go back and forth for the next 5 to 10 minutes. Push as hard as you want. 
  • After the intervals, cruise until you are done.
If you need to start an exercise program. This is a great way to get going. Of course, don't jump in if you know a Dr. would tell you, "No."

Bouncers are pretty cheap. $40 will last you for years. I get a cut on this one

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight

How I've Lost Weight During the Great Shut Down of 2020