New Habits In A Day


It is amazing how fast our habits can change. 

So I went on a road trip. Did about 2500 miles in five days. Of course my diet changed. I ate fast food. I ate trail mix (the kind with M and Ms). I even ate a little ice cream to help me stay awake. I didn't get much sleep. I anticipated all of this. 

What I didn't forecast was how hard it was going to be to go back to my healthy ways of eating. It has felt like it was dang near impossible. 

I know better. It's not impossible. 

And I knew it was going to be sorta hard. But man. 

In those five days, I got so used to sugars and fats: my body and mind didn't want to go back to greens and fruits.

For the last week, I've been drinking soda almost every day. Around 1 or 2 o'clock PM, I get this giant urge to fill my belly with Coca Cola. 

Getting my mojo back is way hard. But I will. I haven't given up. Just knocked down. 

One of the things I note above is sleep. Getting back to getting 7 or 8 hours every day is sooo important. The lack of sleep sets me up to want that Coke every day. Going to sleep early enough, prepares me to make it through the next day to eat healthy.

Here's my plan to get my healthy lifestyle back.

  • Go to bed at a reasonable time every night
  • Begin by eating a reasonable breakfast every day
  • Exercise every day for at least 10 minutes - most days more
  • Get things done that help me reach my goals ( more on this later )
  • Stay out of the school cafeteria
  • Eat one dinner
  • Focus on veggies when at a church event. Find the veggies first then add the other things. 
  • At the end of each day, before I retire, answer these two questions: What did I do well? How can I improve.
It's time to get back on it. 

Leave a comment and let me know how you handle this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight

9 or 10 More Pounds Lost