It's like I have a gremlin messing with me. But the gremlin is me. My head.
This week, I have shown how to NOT start a weight loss program.
- Eat fast food.
- Eat too much at a sitting.
Those two things right there can mess it all up even if everything else is right.
And here's the deal, most everything else is right with the plan.
- Started the day with green smoothies - except one day.
- Exercised more than 10 minutes daily average. (except on Wednesday)
- Started a food log - but it needs work because I ate some meals that = no can count.
- Wrote daily.
- Weighed in daily.
On the weighing in daily, I know the advice-givers are all over the map on this. I have found it to be successful for me as long as I just look at the number as information. It's information. It's one part of the puzzle.
Today I weighed 190. This week I weighed as low as 186. Most days - 188.
I think tomorrow, I'll see 188 again.
In other words week 1 = no weight loss.
But that's okay. It really helps me focus on exactly what I need to do.
Eating fast food is really not going to work. Eating double dinners does not work. Sticking to the plan will work.
Right now I have to ask myself - "Do I really want to lose 15 pounds?" And the real answer is - "Yes." I really do.
Goals for this coming week:
- Reduce my coffee intake. I really think coffee is making me hungry. (does anyone else have that problem and if you do, what do YOU do about it?)
- No fast food.
- Get five days in a row on the food log.
- Keep doing the things that ARE working.
Let me hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.