Blogging = Sucking Wind (at first)

Note: I have an issue (more than one, but I'll just stick to this one for now). When I blog about a topic, I seem to get worse at it. I've been writing at stressrelief4teachers.net since April '14. I started to notice a pattern. If I write, I struggle with that very thing I'm writting about, that week.

It's like I have a gremlin messing with me. But the gremlin is me. My head.

This week, I have shown how to NOT start a weight loss program. 


  • Eat fast food. 
  • Eat too much at a sitting.
Those two things right there can mess it all up even if everything else is right.


And here's the deal, most everything else is right with the plan. 

  1. Started the day with green smoothies - except one day.
  2. Exercised more than 10 minutes daily average. (except on Wednesday)
  3. Started a food log - but it needs work because I ate some meals that = no can count.
  4. Wrote daily. 
  5. Weighed in daily. 
On the weighing in daily, I know the advice-givers are all over the map on this. I have found it to be successful for me as long as I just look at the number as information. It's information. It's one part of the puzzle. 

Today I weighed 190. This week I weighed as low as 186. Most days - 188. 

I think tomorrow, I'll see 188 again. 

In other words week 1 = no weight loss. 

But that's okay. It really helps me focus on exactly what I need to do.

Eating fast food is really not going to work. Eating double dinners does not work. Sticking to the plan will work.

Right now I have to ask myself  - "Do I really want to lose 15 pounds?" And the real answer is - "Yes." I really do.

Goals for this coming week:

  1. Reduce my coffee intake. I really think coffee is making me hungry. (does anyone else have that problem and if you do, what do YOU do about it?)
  2. No fast food. 
  3. Get five days in a row on the food log. 
  4. Keep doing the things that ARE working.
Let me hear from you. stressrelief4teachers@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight

How I've Lost Weight During the Great Shut Down of 2020