How to Keep Losing When Traveling... Uh...

My son and I traveled from Texas to Virginia and back again this week. We got to visit family and enjoy the sights and sounds of the road. 


I thought it would be easier than it was to stay on my program. 

It would have taken better planning to make my goal a reality. It is easy to lose focus whenever something changes in life. 

I expect to travel again this summer, so I'll be better prepared.

What I did right: 

1. Stocked the car with apples and mandarin oranges.
2. Got out at rest stops and exercised.

What needed improvement:

1. Put the trail mix where it is inconvenient for the driver.
2. Go all Mr. Mean when ordering food in restaurants.
3. Keep a food log while on the road. What we monitor, we manage.

Result: I didn't keep the weight loss from the previous week. Back up to 187.

That trail mix and hours of sitting made it a rich environment for putting on extra weight. 

After the trip it is very important, since the Mr. Mean attitude slipped during travel, to get back into a regular routine of exercise and healthy eating.

I'm on it.

Back to blogging too.

170s are coming. Only 8 pounds to go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight

9 or 10 More Pounds Lost