Conquering the Double Dinner

Day 1 -

Okay yesterday. Did the food right.

Today. I ate two breakfasts. I love coffee. Coffee makes me hungry. Coffee + green smoothie + coffee again = hungry. 

Need to start my morning with green tea instead of that first hit of coffee.

But now to the real deal. Double dinner.

I usually double up on dinner. I need to give myself a little pep talk every evening. Picture good angel on shoulder: "It's okay, you can do this. You don't need another plateful. You aren't really hungry."

So last night, that's what I did.

And I didn't write it down or anything, but it was a good day for food.

Today: not so much.

That math formula above and my instant gratification gene combined to drive me to Subway for the breakfast special.

Which includes a drink.



Yes, I drank a Coke for breakfast.

I see that look of contempt on your collective faces.

I wanted unsweetened iced tea. But they didn't have it made yet.

So, I ordered small, filled it up with ice, poured some of it out.

But I didn't really need the extra 6 inch breakfast sandwich.

Bad habit. Not a daily habit.

But still. I could have talked myself down.

I'm not depressed about it or anything. More just laughing at myself.

Nice first day. By lunchtime, already used up my calories according to myfitnesspal!

I was preloading my lunch items because I knew what they would be, so I decided to not eat the nuts and go light on the dressing. This gave back about 400 calories.

2 more possible fixes. Small dinner tonight (Ooo that will take a big peptalk). Certainly not a double. And some exercise. A little anyway. Can zip through one or two hundred calories on the bouncer. Throw in some push ups, pull ups, leg lifts and squats.

It'll get better.

Eyeing that so called energy bar right now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight

9 or 10 More Pounds Lost