Changing it Up... For More Weight Loss


I've soared 52 times around Sol. And parts of my body feel it. My joints especially.

I do body weight workouts because I have found that I don't injure myself. In 2 years of exercise, I have had one minor injury. And I was able to work around it.

Before, I would go in the gym and start cranking on the weights and within a few weeks. Bam! Pain. 

I listen to my body now. And it talks to me. 

So I needed to slow it down yesterday.

I've been experimenting with 1 set of whatever exercise I'm doing. I know it's not going to burn a bunch of calories. But it does get my heart rate up. It does help with my muscle tone. And it keeps me from hurting my joints.

I was so happy this past summer to be able to do my first pull up/chin up as an adult. That was so exciting!

But when I do them, my elbows get real sore for a few days. 

Experimenting with gentle warm up sets. Pyramids. 1 pull, rest. 2 pulls, rest. 3 pulls, rest.

So maybe instead of 1 set. Do one easy warm up set. Then, do my one set. That sounds better than just blasting into a set of pull-ups or dips. 

BTW, I can do dips right in my kitchen. Both dips and leg lifts happen regularly because they are so convenient to do. Even horizontal pull ups. So I can get a full workout in my kitchen. And convenience is everything

Here's what I did well in the past 24 hours. Got a full night's sleep. Stayed pretty close to my diet. 

Here's where I can improve - when I think I'm hungry and need a snack, drink a glass of water. Drank 1/2 a Coke. How 'bout no Coke?

What's working for you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight

How I've Lost Weight During the Great Shut Down of 2020