New Goal - 5 Days in a Row of Great Food Choices


Today is Friday, and it has been a better week than last. Last week by Friday, I had actually gained weight. Veered well off the plan. 
This week, I dropped back down to 188. Even 187 for a day. 

I don't "officially" count my weight loss as being real until I see lower numbers for three days in a row.

I've noticed that if I get three days that it sticks.

And I know that some people don't like the idea of a daily weigh in. But I just look at it as data. Information. Divorce the emotion from the number on the scale. Weigh in at the same time every day. And this is a useful number.

It still is hard for me to stick to the plan. My brain doesn't want to do it. I still want to consumer things loaded with sugar and fat. 

Open up the hatch and fill up.

Uh, that doesn't work.

My mind has to get serious about it. Not religious about it, but intent, focused.

Some make it a religion. They talk about food choices as being "sinful." I think that takes it too far unless you are dealing with gluttony. 

If you ate some trail mix that wasn't on the plan, it isn't a sin. 

If you ate ice cream it isn't a sin. Just make sure to enjoy it.

If you enjoy it, you are more likely to feel satisfied and wait a good while before you load up again.

I'm preaching at myself here.

These are the mistakes I have made.

Yesterday, I exercised for 55 minutes. Yes.
I still need to work on the glass of water to help deal with cravings.

So my goal for the next week is to get five days in a row of great food choices.

One day, here and there is good. Three days in a row is nice. But if you can start regularly getting five days put together of being on the plan, you are going to get somewhere.

It doesn't have to be hard, right? Right?

Please tell me I'm right. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

Soda: 7 Ways To Kill The Craving