Did My Sunday Feast Plan

Isn't nice to have a plan to do something to improve your life that you actually follow through with? I did that today.

Here's how it worked. If you read yesterday's post, you know that I came up with a plan to make it through the Sunday church feast in such a way that I wouldn't undo all of the hard work from the week. 

Here's how it worked. I walked into the community center and fixed my eyes upon the salad. The salad was the target. Then I noticed a huge bowl of fruit at the dessert table. The plan began to form in my mind. The food I need to eat was there.

While I was waiting to eat, I drank a full glass of iced herbal tea. BTW, I keep telling myself to do this. I've been trying to start this habit for weeks. I just keep forgetting. So I started to talk about it and write about. Today I remembered! And that's how things often work for me. Keep saying it until you make it happen and it does. 

So I grabbed my plate, and skipped the fried offerings. I took a small piece of meat. I loaded up on some beans and cooked cabbage.

When I made it to the salad, I loaded up half my plate with it. 

A Plate Full of Veggies

I added a small stuffed pepper. 

For dessert I ate some mixed fruit. Okay, I went for seconds on a little bit more fruit.

Finally, and maybe the hardest part, I skipped the coffee. I love drinking coffee after a large Sunday meal. It seems to just hit it off. But today, I skipped it. Here's why: when I drink coffee in the afternoon, I have trouble sleeping on Sunday night. Monday, I get to school tired and load up on too much coffee. I feel a huge drop in the afternoon and want to drink a soda to get over the hump. And that's why it is so important for me to skip that Sunday afternoon coffee. 
Skipping Sunday Afternoon Coffee

Now, this may not be a perfect dieter's meal, but it was waaaay better than what I usually consume on a Sunday. And I'm happy with it. I came up with a plan and worked it.

I've told you what I think I did well. 

Here's what I could do better. Smaller portions with the fruit.

Next week, I'll come up with a plan for my Sunday evening meal. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight

9 or 10 More Pounds Lost