I Wanna Eat, Eat, Eat!


What a day... I just wanted to eat. 

Working through it.... 

Here's the win: no doughnuts. Everyday, on the loudspeaker, there was an announcement - "doughnuts on Friday in the conference room." I didn't so much as lift the box to see if there were some healthy bear claws hiding in the box. That's a win. Not even a sniff sample.

Ate apples -- win.

Ate my salad -- win. But there's an oops - Back at the oops in a minute.

Didn't eat any candy on my way to tutoring assignment. Found a place with 50 cent (not the rapper) ice-tea, unsweetened. Win.



Confession: I like to eat peanut M & Ms before I tutor. It gives me that lift I need to make it through the two hour tutoring session.

But the iced tea did the trick.

And oh yeah, I didn't drink any soda. Doesn't seem like a big deal today, but a week ago, that was huge. 

What I could have done better: eat more protein or fat at breakfast. I'm realizing that I need to change the profile of my green smoothie. I always feel like I need more to eat at about 90 minutes after I drink it. I'm going back to the drawing board on the green smoothie. There's a blogger out there who writes about something she calls green thickies. And I think I'm going to read up on those again. 

We were loading my smoothies with coconut oil a while back and I'm thinking about going back to that. 

Okay back to the oops. I was so hungry, that I had to go find something. I ended up with a subway breakfast sandwich. 6 inch on wheat. Carefully watched the amount of added mayo, etc. But if I had made sure to get enough protein and fat to begin with, I wouldn't have had that blood sugar drop. 

I'm going to say that I need to focus more on getting enough water. I need to systematize that and and more to make something that I don't need to think about anymore.  

Learning how to build on your mistakes is important. The process above shows a guy who is working at losing weight, making a lot of good choices and some that need to be better. But until I sat down and wrote all of this out, I saw the day as a failure. The refrain in my head was all about how I had messed it all up once again. We need to learn how to train the refrain. 

Create a system to sit down and write down what you did well and how you can improve. 

How do you work out those craving monsters when you just want to EAT?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

Soda: 7 Ways To Kill The Craving