Reducing Toxicity In The Teacher's Diet

Do you ever feel toxic? I mean physically. Like you got junk floating around in your body that makes your blood filters work overtime? 

I do. And I'd rather not.

And I have found myself listening (to podcasts) to Dave Asprey of the Bulletproof products and like a lot of what he says. 

So I started looking at the Bulletproof Diet road map to see if I could make changes that would bring down my toxic intake and get me to lose weight faster.


Good high quality stuff mostly. But dang it looks expensive for this single-income teacher with five boys in the house. There are lots of proprietary buy-from-Bulletproof-items on the menu. And I would bet that they are very good products. And I'm assuming very expensive. 

And yes I totally get the point that if you don't pay for quality now, you end up paying a Dr. bill later.

The diet also features lots of grass-fed fat and protein sources. And we know that these are good for you. 

But I need to figure out how to do this stuff on the cheap.

You ever tried this diet? Anyway to do this without robbing a bank?

Here's my seat of the pants evaluation from looking at the road map. 

  • Beverages: Water with lime or lemon, unsweetened tea. Okay these are right up my alley. 
  • I got the veggies down pretty much. I can buy this stuff at the market.
  • Oils and fats: Can't figure how to do those on the cheap. Don't know where to get them.
  • Dairy: I'm not complaining here, but where do I find all this grass-fed organic butter and yogurt. But it all sounds wonderful.
  • Protein - I do get to eat high quality eggs on a semi-regular basis. But I really don't know how to get the rest of that stuff.
  • Starches are easy. Sweet potatoes, carrots, yams, and white rice.
  • Fruit, relatively easy. 
  • The sweeteners seem weird to me. Maybe I don't know enough about them. These sound like chemicals (not the Stevia - though it sounds like a chemical too). Hey, I admit, I may need to learn more about things like xylitol. It just sounds like something that I don't want to put in my body.
In a future post look for me trying to figure out how to approximate this list in a way that a teacher can afford.

If you found a shopping list that works, please do tell. Or if you figured out how to eat like this, tell me how you did it.

Because every time I hear Dave Asprey talk, I'm thinking how much he seems to know what he's talking about. 

And I really do want to weigh 173 pounds. Just saying that in case you hadn't picked up on that piece of information yet.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight

How I've Lost Weight During the Great Shut Down of 2020