Soda: 7 Ways To Kill The Craving

To lose weight, you must win your fight with sugar. There isn't any diet guru in any system I've ever read that says, "Eat all the sugar you want."

So one way that I handle this is that I make rules for myself. Maybe a rule is too strong a word here. I mean more of a benchmark. 

Here's one of my sugar benchmarks: no soda. By benchmark, it's an indicator that I'm not getting something my body probably needs: rest, exercise, unprocessed sugar, human interaction...

The benchmark tells me that I need to make some changes.

I craved soda this week. And last week too. 
Craved Soda This Week

I get to fifth period class and find that I'm floundering to find the energy to deliver all the way through to 3 o'clock when students get on the bus.

So I sneak over to the vending machine and buy a pop. 

I usually drink half of it.

I didn't do that today (win). Instead, I took some Dr. Christopher Vitalerbs and drank some water. And guess what, the craving passed. 

Here are 7 ways to keep out of the Coca-Cola:

  • Keep a bag of apples on hand. I like apples because they last all week in a desk. And they give me the natural sugar I'm craving.
  • If you can keep it reasonable, hide some high quality dark chocolate in the desk. Sometimes I can keep it reasonable, sometimes, not so much. 
  • Get plenty of sleep. That way, the 1:30 PM blues aren't quite so weighty. 
  • Exercise several days a week. This also helps so liquid mood lift no es necessario.
  • (This one's for teachers) Create fun lessons. That way you don't feel like you are dragging students through drudgery; you're having fun together. 
  • Drink water.
  • Try Vitalerbs. I'm not an affiliate--just like the product.
These are my go-to ways to get off of the notion that I need that afternoon caffeine kick. And they really help.

What are yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight

How I've Lost Weight During the Great Shut Down of 2020