Think It Through

One of the ways weight loss derailleurs get us, is that we don't think it through. Our belly is thinking. Not our minds. Or possibly our worries are blurring our focus. 

Focus: I wanna weigh 173.

This week: What I did well - ate more apples. Didn't eat candy or doughnuts. What I didn't do well - drank 1/2 a soda every weekday. Hoping that getting back on green smoothies will take that craving away from me.

So I'm noticing something. I'm battling a huge headache everyday. I don't realize it's there until my aggravation has built up to the point where every little tap on a desk is bugging me.

I believe the headache is allergy related. The rains in Texas have been unrelenting this year. So Spring is powerful. 

This has caught me by surprise. 

Here's my plan for coping with the daily headache.

  • Reduce caffeine intake. 
  • Eat inflammation reducing foods. 
    • Obviously the soda has to go.
    • Whole foods become primary.
    • Processed foods need to fade to black.
  • Get plenty of sleep.
  • Take allergy relieving supplements. 
  • Take headache relieving supplements (I only take pharms in the the most dire --can't go on--situations).
  • Pay attention to how I feel and deal with it.
  • Stay up on "must-do" items. Getting behind adds to stress and allergic response.
  • Exercise to keep endorphin response high enough to help.
You have good ideas too. What are they? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight

How I've Lost Weight During the Great Shut Down of 2020