I enjoyed listening to this podcast on the topic of habits.
I went home. Found some kids. Three of my boys went on the walk with me. And we walked for a short half hour.
We had a great time. My 17 year old and I discussed his SAT which he was taking the NEXT DAY.
In other words, it was a very good time, a time with family.
When we can take something like exercise and make it a family time, that's a win.
I absolutely love that.
How I Change Things for The Better
- make a decision to do something - in this case walk five times a week
- start doing it - ease into it
- write about the experience
- share the time with someone else if possible
- if I miss a day, work 10 times harder to make it happen the next
If you are having trouble getting some good exercise into your life, try walking. It's a great way to get started. Almost everyone can do it.
Of course make sure you know that you can do this. Probably the safest way is the check with a doctor first.
But we are talking about walking here. Nothing strenuous.
It's your responsibility to know the condition of your health before you start something. So do that.