9 or 10 More Pounds Lost

I went on a road trip just before the United States shut down. It was during my Spring Break. During that week the virus went from being casual conversation to the beginnings of the Great Shut Down. As I was driving home, the NBA shuttered for the season and Disneyland shut it's gates. 


Just before the trip, I took a blood test and found out that I was allergic to gluten, oranges, and carrots. And that my body was highly sensitive to a host of other foods. I tried to stay away from those foods on the trip, but I didn't know how to plan for it yet. 

Also, I did my Intermittent Fasting most of the days, but not all of them. 

I gained 2 pounds back, weighing in at 202 or 203.

Two weeks later, I'm weighing in at 196 - 197. I've lost about 5 pounds in 2 weeks. This is at a time that many Americans are gaining weight because they are sitting around watching T.V. The truth is that I'm sitting around a lot too. But I am still walking a little. Still it's not as much as I would walk my class room on a regular day (7500 to 10,00 steps).

Here's what I like about I.F...
  • My appetite has tuned up. It used to be that I "always" felt hungry and even when I ate, I couldn't tell when I was full. Now, I feel it while I'm still eating my meal.
  • I am enjoying food more. 
  • It's easy; I skip breakfast. I drink coffee and water in the morning. By the way, I put coconut butter in my coffee. Yum.
Because of my blood test, I don't eat grains anymore. No rice. No wheat. No barley (no beer). And this is easy. 

There's nothing complex to figure out for me. Don't eat breakfast. Don't eat grains. 

My favorite new meal is a butter baked salmon steak on a bed of veggies. 


One resource I have used is No Grain, No Pain by Peter Osborne. 

Another is The Obesity Code by Jason Fung.

Both of those are links on the Scribd subscription service which is cheap and carries millions of digital and audio books.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

How I've Lost Weight During the Great Shut Down of 2020

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight