The Scale Read 169.8 This Morning...


When you lose weight, there a trickster like an evil Bugs Bunny that plays around with you. It wants to knock you off course just for laughs. 

That's why you can't take the scale too seriously. It's a tool. But it can do some funny things. 

Every morning after I step on my smart scale, I put the number on a spreadsheet to calculate my 3 day averages and my 7 day averages. I think those numbers are much more important than my weight on a particular day. 

I've had days when my weight jumped up a pound and a half and I really didn't know why (but I usually figure it out). Other times, I have lost over 2 pounds overnight. 

I lost over two pounds last night, so today is the first time since I was in high school to see 160 something on a scale. I'm celebrating with a Snoopy dance. 

But I'm not taking it too seriously yet. I large drop is often followed with a bounce back up. 

My best guess is that my body is doing something with water. I am experimenting with my intake of meats. I ate a lot of meat yesterday. Stuffed myself. 

I tried mixing grass fed ground beef with beef liver. Yesterday, I added scrambled duck eggs to it. Not bad. I'm not used to the liver yet. 

But I also ate 4 squares of 90% chocolate. 

I felt weird. Totally not used to that much meat. But the scale was nice.

I added salad the the beef mix today. I expect to get a rise in weight for tomorrow. But we'll see.

If it goes up, I'll be a little disappointed. If it goes down, I'll be a little bit excited. 

But the scale is only a tool. It only tells me part of the story. That's important for me to remember.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

How I've Lost Weight During the Great Shut Down of 2020

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight