Weight loss slowing...

My weight loss has slowed down over the last six weeks, plateaued in the last two or three weeks. I know because I record my weight daily. Maybe it's the salt. 


This is me 11-21-20.


This is me 11-19.



Weight-loss researchers write about the value of recording your weight. Some have said that making that one change leads to weight-loss for many. Not all. (I wonder if there is any one thing that leads to weight-loss for all over the long term?)

Since I've tracked my weight, I can explain to myself why I've gained or lost weight. (It's nobody else's business unless I decide to make it theirs.)

There are two weight levers I pull to make weight loss changes in one or two days. One is to cut carbs. The other is to close my feeding window.

I don't count carbs. For me, that's too much work. I do educate myself on what foods are high carb vs low carb. 

I've been battling with peanuts. That's right. I want them. Really, really want them. I've decided to give up peanuts for the time being. 

Why do I want them? Maybe it's the salt.

And it might be their carb content. 1 cup comes to 24 grams of carbs. And I can sit and eat half a jar. What's that? Two or more cups? 

Eating carbs makes us want more carbs. The rest of my diet is low, low on the carbs. Low.

This works for many: lower carbs until you find regular weight loss.

It might sound like I'm counting carbs above. I'm not. I'm just educating myself. I want to know. No surprises. I want to know if I tuck into a jar of peanuts what the result will be.

I don't get anything out of hiding from knowledge about weight-loss.

The other lever is my feeding window (I'm looking for a more elegant term than feeding window). 

Here's what I've learned (and don't let this discourage you: more in a minute on that) -- when I keep my feeding window to under 4 hours, I lose weight. 

When I let it hop up to 7 hours or more, I gain. At least for the time being. 

So why not keep it under 4 hours every day? 

Fighting with boredom. The answer is joyful activity. When you start controlling the amount of time available for eating each day, you end up with more time. And when the other people in your life seem like they are eating the whole live long day, you get bored and maybe even a little jealous. Okay, I do.

What can I do? Find an activity that brings me great joy, and do it. You know those books you always wanted to read? Insert book here!

Speaking of books, it is my plan to get The Lazy Art of Weight-Loss up on Amazon within the next four days. It will debut at 99 cents for a short period of time. 

My desire is to help people reach their goals and dreams. I'm here to help. 

If you have questions about weight-loss or mental clarity, contact me on Twitter: twitter.com/ArtSLieberman

Watch the video version here...



P.S. Back to the feeding window. If I had started this mission of weight loss thinking that I was going to need to not eat for 20 hours a day, I would not have accepted this. Here's the fact: a year ago, I would eat six or more meals of varied sizes every day. I ate a lot of carbs, most in the way of high sugar fruits and granola bars. Carbs make you want to eat more carbs. 

The more you lower carbs, and the more you fast, the less you want to eat. It takes some weeks for your body to be okay with that, but it comes. 

Nobody told me to cut my feeding window down. But after intermittent fasting for a month or longer, I didn't want to eat as often. I just didn't. I was making myself eat. I had this notion that I could stop eating that extra meal. And I felt no discomfort.

My battle has been with boredom, not physical discomfort. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hocus Focus

How I've Lost Weight During the Great Shut Down of 2020

What the Mind Does to Lose Weight